See How A Caulking Service Helped This Client in Danbury, CT Avoid Costly Repairs
November 09, 2018
A resident from Danbury, CT recently contacted us to have his master bathroom repaired. This homeowner's bathroom went through some of the most common problems: exposure to moisture and dirt, peeling caulk on the bathtub's joints, discolored grout lines, and soap scum. Over the years, the wear and tear stemming from daily use began to show, giving the bathtub and walls around it an unsightly appearance.
Committed to avoiding unnecessary expenses, the homeowner went online and searched for advice. He found that when caulk is deteriorated it must be immediately replaced or water can seep into the walls and cause severe damage. He realized he needed the help of experts to avoid costly repairs, so he searched for professional caulking services in Danbury, CT
and found our website. After reading the excellent feedback Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County's previous customers left on our website, he called to schedule a free in-home evaluation.
On the day of the evaluation, we set out to offer the best possible solution to our client's problem. During the inspection, we verified that the overall state of the bathtub, grout, and caulk, were awful. The grout was filled with grime and mold, the caulk on the bathtub's joints was cracked and dirty, and the bathtub was heavily stained with a thick layer of soap scum. To fix these issues, our experts recommended to the homeowner a thorough cleaning of the bathroom's surfaces and a caulking service to replace the damaged caulk. The client agreed to the service and scheduled another appointment to have the job done.
On the day of the appointment, we quickly started the procedure. We began by soaking the bathrooms walls and bathtub with a pH-neutral cleaner to loosen the embedded dirt and soap residue. This cleaner contains ingredients that can help keep the surfaces free from harmful microorganisms such as mold for an extended period of time after it has been applied. Next, we used a high-speed scrubber to deep clean the grout lines and remove the soap scum from the bathtub. To ensure the mold was completely removed, we used a steam cleaner until there was no trace of it.
After finishing the cleaning process, we removed the old, damaged caulk from the bathtub's joints. We made sure not to leave any residue behind before reapplying the caulk on the joints. For the final step, we coated the bathroom's surfaces with our proprietary sealant, Tile Armor. This is an impregnating sealant that makes tile, grout, and caulk resistant to external agents and moisture.
When the customer saw the result of our professional work, he was surprised. The bathtub's joints no longer had an unhygienic appearance and the tub was no longer stained. The homeowner thanked us, saying that he was satisfied with the results and that he would recommend us to anyone in need of a hard surface restoration service.
Before leaving, we gave the client some tips to prevent the bathroom from returning to poor condition:
- Clean once a week with a pH-neutral, soap-free cleaner such as Sir Grout's Natural Hard Surface Cleaner. This will help keep the bathroom clean and free from residue other types of cleaners tend to leave behind.
- Wipe away excess water after taking a bath. The most effective method is to use a dry cloth. This practice can help prevent damage caused by moisture and accumulation of dirt on the fixtures.
- Keep the bathroom ventilated to avoid mold and mildew growth.
- To keep the bathtub free from soap scum, we strongly advise using liquid soap as opposed to bar-soap, because the latter tends to leave behind too much residue. This chalky film is the result of the combination of soap and the minerals found in water. The longer it builds up, the harder it is to remove.
- Always keep an eye on your caulk. If caulk has begun to crack or peel, it is best to contact professionals to have it replaced. Remember that caulk is what keeps moisture from seeping into the walls and damaging the structure of your home.
When you feel like your caulk has seen better days, it is time to seek professional help to have it replaced. If you are in Danbury or nearby areas, make sure to contact Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County, the best re-caulking experts in the field of hard surface restoration. Call us at (203) 702-4896
or fill out the "Request a Quote" form at the bottom of this page to schedule a free in-home consultation today. Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter
to keep up with our latest news and promotions!
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Twitter @SirGrout