Grout Sealing in New Canaan, Ct Restored This Natural Stone Shower in Just One Day
May 20, 2018
Stone tiles offer a versatile and beautiful look that never goes out of style; they are elegant and timeless no matter the home design or décor. Because of their many benefits, they are becoming increasingly popular for homeowners who want a durable yet stylish surface. Nevertheless, as sturdy as they are, stone tiles are not impervious to damage. Proper and regular cleaning is necessary in order to maintain their beauty and durability. Also, sealing the grout lines is required because unsealed grout is prone to absorb all sorts of dirt, grime, and liquids from its surroundings. In a damp environment such as a bathroom, this promotes mold and mildew growth, leaving the surface with an unhealthy, muddy, and moldy appearance. If this happens, the best solution is to contact a professional grout sealing service in New Canaan, CT
Our next client, a new resident from New Canaan, CT, who was moving from Manhattan, NY, noticed the condition of one of the house's bathrooms was not ideal. The grout lines were filthy, cracked, and filled with mold and mildew. It was in the spare room, so presumably, it hadn't received proper maintenance for years. Despite the condition of the bathroom, he still decided to buy the house because he thought it would be easier and less expensive to take care of that problem by himself. He also liked the fact that the bathroom had stone tiles. After a couple of weeks of moving and settling into the house, he decided it was time to solve the bathroom's problem, so he looked online for methods to do it by himself.
On his day off, he brought to his new property some cleaning products that he read were useful for his bathroom's issues. He began the cleaning routine using soapy and acidic cleaners, baking soda, and vinegar in conjunction with the procedures he found online. Unfortunately, his attempt was unsuccessful. Even after several hours of cleaning, he didn't notice any significant changes in the surface. This was not the outcome he expected, so he began looking for a better solution. He went online again, but this time he searched for the best grout sealing service in New Canaan, CT, and in the top search results he found Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County. He carefully browsed our "Before and After
" gallery. After looking at the positive results we'd had over the years and reading the comments from previous satisfied clients, he was convinced we were the right company to solve his problem, so he filled out a "Request a Quote" form and scheduled a free consultation.
We arrived on the appointed date ready to begin the bathroom's evaluation and to offer the most effective solution. After a brief greeting, we proceeded with the inspection. We noticed the moldy grout lines immediately; they were dingy, cracked, and dirty. This was more noticeable and severe on the shower's floor, where at a glance it gave an unhealthy atmosphere. The grout along the walls was unsealed and exposed to all sorts of grime and damage from external agents which had caused the discoloration it had. We explained that a moist environment requires proper ventilation and maintenance, if this is left unchecked for a long period of time, it leads to fungi growth and the accumulation of dirt and grime in the grout lines. Furthermore, grout sealing is necessary to protect the surface from future damage. We concluded that the bathroom required immediate professional assistance.
We offered a grout sealing service to clean, replace, and restore the grout lines using our top quality products and experienced techniques. We would replace the damaged grout with our unique and exclusive StainMaster epoxy grout, a resilient product that is long lasting and easy to maintain. Also, since the bathroom had stone tiles, we would use our special StoneArmor, a one of a kind sealant that would enhance the stone, give its color back, and provide an extra layer of protection for a long time. We pointed out the risks of having his bathroom in such state, and we assured him that we would get rid of all the issues and restore it completely. The owner was pleased to hear this, and promptly agreed to set up a date for the job.
A couple of days later, we returned to our client's house for the grout sealing service. It was a remarkable procedure that consisted of several steps:
- Using Sir Grout's tile and grout cleaner with a high-speed gentle scrubber, we cleaned the walls and floor. Our product is safe for the stone and grout because it is pH-neutral and soap free. It won't leave residue in the grout lines, it won't crack or peel the grout, and it won't discolor or stain the tiles.
- Using a steam cleaner, we eliminated all the mold and mildew from the shower. We sanitized the environment until it was completely free of fungi.
- Using our proprietary StainMaster, we replaced the old, damaged grout with a resistant, long-term solution. Our epoxy grout is a top of the line product made of a hard composition that won't crack when scrubbed and would provide easier, faster, and better cleaning routines for years to come.
- Using our top-notch StoneArmor, we sealed the stone tiles, to protect them from future damage. This would not only shield the grout from external agents, such as, water, stains, mold, and mildew, but it would also give the stone its life back, restoring its natural color and beauty.
All the steps were equally performed on the walls and floor; we thoroughly worked in the areas where damage was more severe. When the process was finished, the grout lines had a clean, new look. The stone tiles had regained their natural appearance and gave the bathroom a brand-new appearance. Everything had been completely restored with high quality products and techniques that ensure long lasting, easy to keep results.
We invited the owner to see the outcome of our work. He was pleased with the refreshed and renovated aspect of his bathroom. He said this result was impressive and it was beyond his expectations. After thanking us, he stated that from that point on, he would recommend Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County to everyone he knew. Our advanced products and expertise are guaranteed to provide the best solution that will last for years to come. We also take the time to train our clients on how to preserve the top condition of their surface.
Before leaving, as we do with all our clients, we left him a list a recommendations and suggestions on how to perform proper maintenance on his bathroom:
- Use pH-neutral, stone safe cleaners because they won't damage the tiles or break the grout. Acidic and soap-based cleaners, on the other hand, should be avoided because they are harmful for the grout, leaving residue that promotes fungi growth and breaks the grout lines.
- Give the bathroom proper ventilation, especially after hot showers. This prevents mold and mildew growth due to the dampness of the environment. Keep the surface dry using a towel or a terry cloth and do not let water or cleaner residue linger for long periods of time.
- Do not use a dirty mop or rinse it back into the cleaning solution. This only leads to grime build-up, therefore, you should always use a clean mop. Our top quality sealant makes it easier to clean the surface so excessive scrubbing won't be necessary.
Our advanced techniques and procedures, our high level products, and these easy to follow steps are guaranteed to keep the great condition of the bathroom and provide easier and faster cleaning routines.
If you are currently looking for professional assistance to give your bathroom a refreshed appearance, our grout sealing and cleaning services are what you need. Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County provides experienced and qualified service that will make your bathroom look brand-new. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we offer the most advanced techniques to help you with your problem. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (203) 702-4896
or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be glad to attend you. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter
to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County
, Twitter @SGFairfieldCT
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Google+ Sir Grout of Greater Fairfield County